Period 2

Period 2

by Becky Schmidt -
Number of replies: 21

What is the Turning Point in the myth that we read today? At what point did the course of the story become set upon tragedy?

In reply to Becky Schmidt

Re: Period 2

by Yasmin Cephus -

The story was set upon tragedy when Icarus got to excited and he kept on flying higher and higher close to the sun.

by Grecia Felix -

I think the turning part in the story was that they told him not to fly to close to the sun because the wings where made out of feathers and wax and they would melt but he did not listen.

by Gabriela Lazcano -

I think the turning point in the story was when the sun wanted to not listen to his dad. If the son would of listen to his dad he would not die by falling down of his wings

by Hawa Muya -

I think the turning point in the story is when Icarus decided to go closer to the sun and his wings melted off. 

by Daniel Cardenas -

I think the turning point in the story is when the son dies because he flew to high in the sun and melted the wax on his wings.But his dad told him not to fly to high in the sun because it was gonna melt the wax on his wings but he didn't listen and flew to high.

by Abdirashid Abdikadir -

I think the turning point in the story is when the son was flying high in the sky. In the text it said" With a whoop of excitement, he soared up and up, gliding around the sky, zooming back down towards his father and then up again, up, up, up towards the dazzling sun." When the dad and the son were flying in the air. Then he's son was messing around in the sky and drop into the water. In the text it said"He watched in despair as his son began to lose height and his despair turned to total anguish as he heard the terrified cry from his son, as he tumbled and spun past him towards the sea below."  

by Ayleen Sanchez -

the Turning point in the story was when Icarus was flying and his dad (Daedalus) was trying to escape from the prison and his son was flying to close to the sun even tho his dad said not to close to the sun.

by Salvador Romero -

I think the turning point was when the sun died . it was all the suns falt because he did not listen to his father and he went higher and higher and then he fell in the water and died but the father told him not to go to high or the wings would break.

by Deleted user -

I think the turning point in the story icaurs and daedalus is when they get forced to go into the labyrinth  because they had did something wrong because they had both did something bad so then after that they had escaped but then they made wings and made it with wax and then the son went to close to the sun and then he fell down in to the water and DIED

by Natalie Franco Paredes -

I think the turning point in the story was when Icarus when up high and got to close to the sun and the wax melted and the feathers started coming off. Icarus fell to his death and his dad couldn't do anything to help him.     

by Adriana Najar -

I think the turning point in the story was when Icarus went up,up, up towards the sun. His wings melted off and he was falling down into the ocean. He should have stayed close to his father and had not went up towards the sun.

by Diego Arellano -

the turning  point in the story is when the boy went to go to the sun more and more and he woulden litsen to his father and his wings came off and he started to fall.

by Naythyn Silva -

The boy did not listen to his father when he told him not to fly close to the sun,because the wings are made of wax.He went close to the sun and his wing started to melt and,when they were gone hwe fell down into the water and was not see again.

by Aurora Aguilera Ibarra -

That the son was told not to fly close to the sun by he did and his dad said not to because the wings he was flying on were with wax. The wax melts when close to the sun  and his father said not to go by the sun he did go because he loved the wind and the air and flying like a bird. Then the sun hit the wax and he fell and the last words he said is Father, help me. 

by Alexis Angulo-Duran -

I think the turning point in the story was when his farther saw a white feather go down so his farther know that his son was going to die because his farther was telling him that the feather was made from wax so if you go next to the sun it will melt that why. 

by Daniel Camacho -

I think the turning point in the story was when deadolous killed the beast. I think it was the turning point because he had consequences afterwords