Welcome to the 2018-2019 School Year Class Contract

by Leslie Hall -
Number of replies: 0

Welcome To Your Art Class!

Teacher contact Information:

Ms. Leslie Hall

leslieh@susd12.org

(520) 545-4700

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions!

A little bit about me:

I have taught for twenty six years.  My Bachelor's degree is in Architecture and I have a Masters degree in Library Sciences and Information Management. I have taught in many grade levels and subject areas but teaching art and ceramics is my dream and passion.  I love to work in a variety of media in my own artwork but painting and ceramics are my main artforms.

Grading:

You are graded on responsibility and effort, not ability!  You can earn an A by working hard in class and turning your work in on time.   If you are having a problem completing a project on time, let me know ahead of time.  Class work will consist of:

• Bell Work:  Students are expected to do bellwork daily.  Every Monday students will be doing a grade check, this is to assure that my records and theirs match and that they know exactly where they stand and what assignments they are missing if any.  Bellwork alternates between responding to art in writing and drawing.

• Projects:  We will start projects looking and analyzing an artwork, introduction of visual problem, creating a rubric (success criteria), brainstorming ideas, creating a minimum of four sketches, peer evaluation with suggestions to improve artwork, final draft, peer evaluation with suggestions to improve artwork, final artwork and then a self-assessment and a two paragraph minimum artist statement.  Points will be given along the way for components to help students pace appropriately. These points cannot be made up. Final projects must be submitted with a rubric and artist statement by the due date in order to be considered complete and on time. Projects can be submitted late but the highest grade achievable will change accordingly.

• Curated Work accompanied with an Artist statement for display.

• Late policy:

• 1 day late:  B highest grade achievable

• 2 days late:  C highest grade achievable

• 3 days late or more:  D highest grade achievable

• Tests/Quizzes

• Neatness counts - Always, take pride in your work!

Safety:

Art:  There will be times students will be  working with materials that may stain their clothes if not used appropriately.  Make appropriate choices. If students are not being safe with materials and in class, they will opt out of activities and their grade will reflect this.

Ceramics:  Students need to have close toed shoes and if they have long hair they will need to pull it back especially when working on the wheel.  If students are not being safe with materials and in class, they will opt out of activities and their grade will reflect this.

Student Signature: ___________________________________________  Date:___________

Parent Signature:_____________________________________________Date:____________