How to submit assignments successfully!

How to submit assignments successfully!

by Leslie Hall -
Number of replies: 0

Bell work:

•  All bell work for the week should be in your sketchbook and each entry should be dated.  
    • Responding to art: Please make a list of your observations - (4 complete and specific sentences per day 6th -8th grade;  4th and 5th grade should have 3 complete and specific sentences per day).  Keep all your writing together on the same page, front and back.
    •  Drawing:  Drawings must be done in your sketchbook and you should keep adding detail until the teacher starts the class.  Drawings for the week need to be kept together and dated.

Assignments:  

• Final artwork is submitted with a self-assessment and artist statement to the basket on the teacher's table.
      • If the rubric and artist statement are submitted electronically they must be titled directed by the teacher.  If they are not titled as asked the teacher may not be able to find the work and the student will not receive credit.  Also, work done on the computer should be saved into the student's art or ceramics folder in order for the teacher to have access to the work.
      • Title format:
        • Rubrics:  Project name.first name.last name.grade.period
        • Artist statements: Project name.first name.last name.grade.period
    •  Students need to let Ms. Hall know if they are submitting work late.
    • Artist statements:
    • Are required periodically and must have the following format:
        • Title of artwork
        • Your first and last name
        • Grade and Period
        • Paragraph one:  How I created the work and did it turn out how I expected?  Why or why not?  Were there problems or changes I made along the way?  why?
        • Paragraph two:  Describe why I made the art the way I did.  What did I learn through the project?  What would I do differently next time? 
    • Notes and other in class quick checks
    • Make sure your first and last name are on your work along with the date and your grade and period.
    • Sketchbooks are checked on Friday - have them open for grading at your table.  DO NOT LEAVE IT LAYING AROUND AS IT WILL NOT GET GRADED AND MAY GET LOST!