First thing's first
This is the first topic we will be covering. Here is a photo...
What is Learn? Why should I use it?
LEARN is SUSD's Learning Management System. Basically think of it as a digital version of your classroom, or a place where student can connect directly to a variety of web resources which you create and manage.
A LEARN course page has three main areas; the Header Box along the top of the page, Topic Folders which are arranged below the header box, and Content Blocks which live along the side of your course page.
Q: How might these different areas within a LEARN page correspond to different areas within a typical classroom?
Launching Your LEARN Class
Select a Course Page that DOES NOT have a name associated with it (e.g. "NTO Copy 1")
Enter the Enrollment Key provided for you by your Trainer to log in to the course as a teacher.
- Remember to change the name of your course right away so that others will know that the course has been claimed.
- Click on the Turn editing on button along the top of the page to get started.
Course Settings: (Settings --> Edit Settings)Renaming your course, changing the format of your course, controlling the number of weeks/topics in your course
Editing icons and branding your classWhat you need to get started adding content
One of the great things about Moodle is that it allows you to add a variety of Blocks to your course page to meet your needs and the needs of your students. Here's how...
1. Make sure that editing is turned on
2. Click on the "Add a Block Menu" to select the block you're looking for
3. Once the block has been added, you can move it to a different location by dragging with directional arrow icon or detete it by clicking on the red X.
Adding a Custom Text Box
To add a custom text box, select HTML in the "Add a Block" menu.
This will bring up all of your standard toolbar settings which will allow you to add whatever you like to a block.
Adding Resources (Content)
This section of Learn 101 identifies and defines the various resources you can add to your course.