Weekly Update: March 10-14

Weekly Update: March 10-14

by Erika Hannemann -
Number of replies: 0

Good morning,

Here is your weekly update for the Week of March 10-14.

1. Action Item: This Friday is Records/Inservice day.  Please let me know if you plan to cancel tutoring on Thursday, March 13. 
    1. Please also notify your cafeteria manager so s/he does not provide snacks for that day.
    2. My records indicate that  Los Amigos, Los Ninos and Santa Clara have canceled.  Gallego will have tutoring on Thursday.
    3. Action Item: We have created some awards to celebrate student participation in the tutoring program.  I am able to use a digital signature for you and your principal.  If you prefer this option, please fax me a copy of you signatures (fax: 545-2177).  I also need you to send me counts for the following awards. During a recent coordinator meeting, we discussed that nearly all students will earn a Participation award while the Attendance and Achievement awards will be more selective.  The total number will depend on program enrollment at your site.
      1. Participation
      2. Attendance
      3. Achievement (growth/effort)
      4. The enrollment period is closed.  Please do not enroll any new students for tutoring.
      5. FYI- I will be attending a training on March 13 and 14.  I will be out of the district but I will check my email often and reply as quickly as possible.
      6. Action Item: Please mark your calendars for the following important dates.  
        1. March 9: Lauffer
        2. March 10: DVHS, Gallego
        3. April 3: Last day for State and LEADS tutoring (grades 4-8 tutoring classes)
        4. April 3-27: NO TUTORING (AIMS/Spring Break)
        5. May 8: Last day of MOWR tutoring (3rd grade, or 3rd grade mixed groups)

i.      Please let me know if you plan to end April 3 or May 8. 

1. I have responses from Drexel, Esperanza, Gallego, Los Amigos, Los Ninos, and Rivera

Erika Hannemann, M.Ed.

Intervention Coordinator

Sunnyside Unified School District #12

2238 E. Ginter Rd., Tucson, AZ  85706

(520) 545-2254 (o)

erikah@susd12.org

"We become what we repeatedly do.  Excellence then, is NOT an act but a habit.

Aristotle