Technology-infused Teaching and Learning
SAMR is a model designed by Dr. Ruben Puentedura to help educators infuse technology into teaching and learning. The model supports teachers in designing, developing, and integrating digital learning experiences that have a significant impact on student outcomes. The goal is to transform learning experiences so they result in higher levels of achievement for students.
Our Digital Learning Goals
- Teach and learn through digital content, in a technology-rich learning environment
- Instill meaningful technology integration incorporating the 4 C’s (collaboration, creativity, critical thinking, and communication)
- Reposition learners in the classroom to be empowered to be creators, not consumers
- Assist teachers to master the role of facilitator
- Develop fluency in coding and computational thinking
We are committed to academic excellence for all students
by cultivating a community that is respectful, responsible, and reliable.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Sierra 2-8 School will ensure all students reach high academic achievement
in accordance with the College and Career Readiness Standards.
We are committed to a comprehensive system of support based on rigor, relevance and relationships.