As we mentioned a few weeks back, folks logging in to the Sunnyside LEARN page this week will see some major improvements in the appearance and functionality of the site. These changes are based on ongoing feedback from our teachers, staff and administrators.
Just some of the advantages of this redesign are...
- Mobile Responsive Design- This means that the site will look the same no matter what kind of device you bring it up on (e.g. laptop, tablet, smart phone...etc).
- Clean Layout- Allows direct access to all things in the district related to teaching and learning including site pages, curriculum units, coaching information, PD...etc.
- Built-In Site Navigation- By clicking on the menu button in the upper-right corner of the page, staff and students can now see an overview of all enrolled course progress, upcoming assignment deadlines, course feedback, alerts...etc.
- Drop and Drag Editing- The new design now makes it easier to move resources, activities, and sections around within your courses. It also supports uploading files to all course pages via a drag-n-drop interface.
- Language Translation- Users can change any page from English to Spanish to help with site navigation.
- Easy Access Links- You can now get to all other district sites from this single launch page as well as keep up to date on the most recent Teaching and Learning News posted on the front page of the site.
As we mentioned earlier, teachers who had previously selected a different course theme for your class page will not see a change in the layout of your site. However, if you have NOT selected a theme and have been using the DEFAULT setting for your page, your course page will look a bit different. To reset your class page to the OLD layout, follow these simple instructions...
- Click on the Admin stack icon in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Under Course Administration click on the Edit Settings option.
- Along the right side of the page, click Appearance
- Under Force theme click on the drop menu and select Express to return your course to the "old look".
- Remember to click on the blue Save and Display button along the bottom of the page when you're done.
We will continue to improve the functionality and features within this page during the coming weeks to better meet the evolving needs of our teachers and students.
In the meantime, please let us know what you think of the new design and if there is any way that we can make your user experience better.